Monday, November 16, 2009

And so it begins...

A new adventure of sorts. I am embarking on something completely random, completely out of my comfort zone and something I am not really sure I am or will be good at. But here it goes!

What is this little ditty you ask............well I am going to write a book. Stop laughing, I am serious! I have always wanted to be a writer! Even though I am fabulous in so many ways, I feel as if lately I am just now learning who I really am. Really truly learning my likes and dislikes and what I believe in and who I want to surround myself with. Writing has always been something I have enjoyed and dreamed about and I thought, why not now! What am I waiting for? I certainly am not getting any younger!

I have taken the first few baby steps in pursuing this little adventure and have been consumed by it every since then! I dare not call it a career, we know that I will always fall back on acting and well of course that little accounting thing I do on the side but I do hope to make this hobby advantageous for myself, Dennis and Michael. I won't lie, I do have aspirations to be the next big thing, who doesn't. I honestly don't believe people when they say, oh it just started as this small thing, I never set out to be big or popular or rich. Well why dream if you can't dream big!

So I have several little thoughts, plot lines, characters that I have been thinking about. Mainly this thinking time is one of two places, the shower and on a good run. Not sure what that says about me....hmmmm don't answer. I am a shy person by nature. I know that is shocking to you considering how many famous friends I have and who I am married to but in all honesty I have millions of thoughts in my head and many times I am to shy to say them or don't know how to articulate them properly. Writing has always been a better communication outlet for me! Kind of hypocritical I know based on my last post that mysteriously disappeared but oh well, this is my blog, my forum.

So anyway, yes loyal readers, a select few of you are characters in my book! Better not make me mad! Ha, just kidding! I can't give away to many details or I would never sell any copies however I do plan to use this blog as a experimental area, a test kitchen of sorts. So as I develop characters, plot lines, please give me feedback. Please let me know what you would like to see so that I can understand it from another perspective.

One hint....I am in the book, and one friend embarking on a new adventure is in the book. ahhhh don't you love foreshadowing!

6 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

I forsee a bestseller! And Sunni better be a main {nice} character. Dusti too. :) Soooo excited about this!

Carrie said...

Is the fabulous Carrie going to make the cut to be in the book? I am sure I will by default, but you better not make the crazy sibling. :)

Monica said...

I second that, Carrie!

Ashley Olsen said...

I love that you're doing this!! Can't wait to see all of your sneak peeks...luckily, we've already done part of the work with naming characters and all :) You'll be great!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Good luck!!! So exciting! I can't wait to see what it's about!

Lucy (& Ricky) said...

yay, you! so excited to read + follow you as your write.