Thursday, October 15, 2009

Going to the Chapel

Going to the chapel....that's right. One year from tomorrow my sweet sister Carrie will be walking down the aisle. Walking behind perhaps the cutest ring bearer EVER! PS- Teresa can I borrow Mouseketeer L's tux? You know Dennis is a little thing so it should fit perfect. Have your other two kids Tanner and Adam swing by and drop it off sometime!

Yes loyal readers, Kris and Bruce's last daughter will now be off the market! Don't worry, they have dated a tad longer than a month so we are not breaking the record set by Khloe and Lamar! As I was leaving Kris and Bruce's house this morning (I spend the night over there on occasion while Michael is gone!), Bruce informed Carrie that she only has one year left with the credit card. Ahhhh how wonderful was that, having your parents credit card. Now don't be fooled, we could not just go shopping whenever we wanted, and Bruce being the crazy analyzer that he is did read through each credit card statement with a fine tooth comb. In fact one time on a cross continental flight from the US to Brazil- Bruce brought Monica her credit card statement with all kinds of highlights on the purchases. Hilarious- only Bruce!

But in all reality, Bruce does take the family credit card away once you say "I do"! It is a sad day in some respects, the reality that you are a grown up, on your own, and as Bruce says it- the warranty title now switches to your husband! I tried to put up a case today that once yo have a grandchild you should be rewarded with a credit card once again however that plea fell on deaf ears. Hmmm, note to self, must work on the negotiating skills!

So Carrie is in full wedding planning mode. She just started this fabulous new job at the Performing Arts Center and is off hob nobbing with society's best each night. Luckily Michael and I will be attending a few galas however Kris and Bruce seem to steal all the good tickets. I guess that is how you know the economy is really hitting you when you don't even splurge for more Opera tickets.

In other news, I seem to have only a few days of my youth left. I seem to be hitting another century mark in a few days. I am not scared, bring it on! I was secretly hoping for an all out bash but as Monica reminded me, you must point blank spell things out for Michael. It is hard growing up with all sisters who make HUGE deals out of birthdays only to get married and realize that if you tell your husband that you like a pillow at Costco that he thinks he is being creative and thoughtful by buying it for you for your birthday! REALLY A PILLOW???? You thought a pillow was a good birthday present. I tell you ladies, Michael is one hot little thing but he is all shades of terrible in the gift department! I like to be surprised with gifts, I do not like to say- hey i want this and then someone buy it. I want you to think about it, to find the perfect gift, I mean is that to much to ask???? Not for the fabulous Hollywood starlets that we are!

So if you must, a helicopter, Range Rover or Rolex are all suitable gifts, however, a Old Navy gift card hits the spot!!

Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Katie Couric said...

A pillow isn't too bad. One year Matt Lauer bought me drinking glasses because I complain that the ones we got for our wedding were chipped. Ummm, thanks?!?!?

Happy birthday (almost)!!!

Monica said...

Giving up the credit card(s) really stinks! Get ready Carrie and Mickey Mouse, no more mooching off Kris and Bruce! haha j/k :)

Happy Birthday Lynette! And go easy on poor Michael...he's not that bad! Ritz on your anniversary ring a bell?!

Carrie said...

Thanks for the shoutout on wedding planning! One year from today, I will be all dressed up in white ready to marry the Mickey Mouse (or as Dennis calls him Mickmey)...the year is going to go by fast, but get ready for one heck of a party! :) It will all be bittersweet to get married and give up the parents CC, because we all know my huz to be will have my spending on lock down!!! Yikes!

Happy birthday Lynette, hope you have a fabulous day...wish you were going to be here! And I completely agree on birtdays and presents in general...if you spell it out too much they just get you what you tell them...the easier for them the better! But isn't that just men for ya???!!!

Off to get ready for another day of hob knobbing with the Big D's finest...tomorrow night will be the most fabulous black tie Gala that Dallas has ever seen and I have a fabulous outfit to go along wiht it!