Friday, September 4, 2009

L + MB = 5 Yrs

Five years ago today, Michael and I were married out on the golf course. The same golf course that I spent countless hours playing during my teenage years. The same golf course that holds many many golf memories for me but now the memories take on new meaning. We were married over looking the 18th green. The same island green in which I made my first birdie. The same island green which I hit probably 100 balls into the water. But now that island green signifies the beginning of our marriage, the beginning of our family and the start to a lifetime of memories. I could not have asked for a more perfect setting for our wedding and every year at this time I am reminded of just how perfect and perhaps symbolic that setting was.

Last night while feeling nostalgic, I went to my college golf website. I don't know why but I still get a kick out of seeing my name as a letter winner in the media guide. I never appreciated that when I was actually in college but now I feel a real sense of accomplishment. I was instantly transformed back to those college golf days. After all that is how I met Michael! I bet you guys did not know that Lynette was a college golfer or that Michael and I met through golf. Well we did! Even superstars have humble beginnings! Life is funny because as I was reading through the golf website, I was ordering Dennis's second birthday invitations. My how life has changed and grown!

And here we are today, Michael and I married for five years. We have owned three different houses, lived in two different states, added one little rugrat to our family and have countless memories! I look forward to 80 more years together! I mean who wouldn't........he is Michael Buble of course!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! That made me tear up...love the post! I am all emotional these days...I think it has to do with leaving the job I have had for 4 years and embarking on a whole new chapter in my life. Maybe I can be a guest blogger about my new job once I get started there!

Tamra said...

Happy 5 years of wedded bliss!!

Elin said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding was beautiful but I expected no less!

It is fun to think back on those memories of college golf. Golf is so important to me as well because I would've never met such a great person like you and would've never been lucky enough to meet my wonderful hubby Tiger!

Here's to many more years for you & Michael!!

Ashley Olsen said...

Happy anniversary, Lynette and Michael! I hope he got you something fabulous for your anniversary, like a Bentley...wait isn't that what you got last year? :)

Mary Kate Olsen said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary you two! Still loving your fabulous blog, Lynette!