Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cameo Blogger- Monica!

Hey Fabulous Readers....We are starting a new little feature here in Hollywood called Cameo Blogger- it will allow some of my fabulous friends (either by volunteering or threats) to tell you some of their fabulous stories. We are thrilled to have on the Hollywood blog tonight, making her Hollywood debut.........................

Monica!!! (also a little side note- please leave a little comment if you read this blog, I am high maintenance and need to know that I have 1000s of readers everyday!)

Hi everyone, Monica here! I am sister to Lynette and Carrie and married to Chandler. Lynette and I always laugh and chatter about all the hottest gossip and goings on in our fabulous lives, so she thought it would be funny to allow me to take the reins for a second to share some fabulous stories about mine and Chandler’s adventures overseas!

See, we moved to a foreign country for Chandler’s job and it has been quite interesting to say the least! One of the more difficult things for us is finding fabulous friends to hang out with. There are not many famous people here and it has been hard to make new friends. So, we take ‘em where we can get ‘em!

This past weekend, Chandler’s co-worker, Bud Boudreaux and his wife, Cami Jeaux, invited us along with Bobby Thibodeaux and his wife Margeaux over to their house for dinner. Side note: Do not waste your time Googling these people—they are not famous. At all.

So after a few hours of cleaning our awesome new house, I get on Google maps to get directions to the Boudreaux’s house. You know Monica, I love to be prepared and organized! And lo and behold here is what it says at the bottom of the directions:

· Exit Bogulusa Highway
· Continue on Picayune Lane for 20 miles
· Turn left on Unknown Street
· Swim south-southwest for 3.2 miles

Excuse me? Come again? Swim? Where the heck do these people live?! I immediately start hyperventilating because I cannot imagine how we are going to get there without being late! Chandler comes to my rescue with a paper bag and we are back on track, people. Back on track! Chandler explains that we are going to have to take a fan boat to get to their house. A fan boat? Is that like a yacht where cabana boys fan you whilst you cruise the Mediterranean?

Well, let me just tell you…it ISN’T! If anyone tells you to go on one of those, run. Fast.

We finally arrive at the Boudreaux’s house and despite my frizzy hair (I can’t tell you how much I spend on expensive treatments to stop the friz!!!) we look fabulous! Bud thanks us for bringing the “Dom Per-rig-non” and comments that we must have gotten it at Rouse’s and not Piggly Wiggly. Smile and nod, smile and nod. Cami Jeaux says that if she had known that we would be dressing up (Really? This is my normal attire) she would have taken a shower. Smile and nod, smile and nod.

The evening turned out to be lovely. Everyone was very nice, albeit quiet. I guess they have not had media training like Chandler and I and don’t quite know how to properly converse with fabulous people?! Oh well!

Friends are friends, right?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

OMG! I just laughed so loud at Monica's guest blog...it was quite the story. I can't wait to meet Bud and Cami Jeaux. Can we go to dinner at their house when Lynetter, Dennis, and I come visit...sounds like a great time. I will have some great stories to come back and tell all my NYC friends, they will just die!

Monica said...

Carrie, I am glad you enjoyed my story! I will have my assistant send a letter to Bud and Cami Jeaux via Pony Express and ask if they want to get together when you all come visit. Hopefully I can get a response by the time yall come in six weeks. You know they don't have phone or internet where they live!